Multicam Audio Detector is a tool to convert audio input, from actual analog audio or from virtual sound cards like Dante, Livewire, or other IP streams. It is a part of our Multicam Tools package.
- Monitor inputs: show levels in real time for each source
- HTTP port: pick an available HTTP port, this is used in Multicam Radio configuration
- Save configuration: press the button to update port
- Input devices: lists detected audio cards
- WASAPI: this is the modern Windows API for sound input, and the preferred method to get cards
- WaveIn: this is a legacy Windows API, use it if your card is not detected as WASAPI or not working properly
When using a stereo WASAPI input, you can use the second selector to configure how its channels are used:
- Default: takes the maximum level from available channels
- StereoAverage: takes the average level from the left and right channels
- LeftOnly: only use the level channel
- RightOnly: only use the right channel
You can see the list of configured input sources as microphones for Multicam Radio. Please note the order here is significant, as it can't be remapped from Multicam.