To configure live streaming, you need to go to Settings > Live Streaming. These settings can also be reached from Studio, in the Streaming tab.
Live stream set
A live stream set can contain several different streaming profiles, which can be used for quality levels or for alternate servers, etc...
You can manage your sets by pressing the button.
If you haven't got one already, or if you want to create a new group of streams, create a new set using .
Give it a name you can recognize, it will be shown when selecting a set in Studio.
Creating the profile
You can now create your Facebook LIVE.
Again, you should give it a recognizable name, it can help start the appropriate profile when needed.
Configuring the profile
Connect to Facebook.
A pop-up opens, in this one you will configure your live Facebook.
- Title: the name of the live window on Facebook
- Description: the description of your live window on Facebook
In option, you have several possible settings according to your needs:
- CONTINUOUS: Use "CONTINUOUS" for continuous broadcasts that last days or weeks . "CONTINUOUS" broadcast do not generate VOD
- LIVE + VOD: The live will be available in replay on Facebook at the end of the broadcast.
- JUST ONE LIVE: will generate a VOD automatically
- SCHEDULED: Programmer the start time of the live
Once finished click on "POST TO FACEBOOK".
By default, we offer a simplified configuration called "Easy setup". You just have to pick resolution and maximum bitrate, and all other options are automatically adjusted.
If you know what you want more precisely, you can selected "Advanced" and configure the technical details of encoding:
- H264 (NVENC): this is the default modern GPU-accelerated encoder
- H264 (CPU OpenH264): this is a modern CPU-based encoder
- H264 Baseline (FMLE): this is a highly compatible legacy encoder, suitable for low and medium quality streaming, using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
- H264 Main (FMLE): this is a highly compatible legacy encoder, suitable for medium and high quality streaming, using FMLE
- VP6 MP3: this is an older video codec, use only if H.264 isn't available on your server, uses MP3 audio compression
- VP6 NellyMoser: same video codec as previous, uses NellyMoser audio compression
- Local stream recording: this allows created a local copy (file) of the stream. Please note for high quality masters, you should use the recording feature instead.
- Enable streaming profile: this controls whether this stream will be started when using "Start all" in a live application.