Getting real-time information about the audio detected in the microphones connected to a Lawo console in the Multicam Radio software.
The Lawo consoles are able to send various information as virtual GPOs using the Ember+ protocol.
Multicam needs at least one and preferably two bits of information per microphone:
- Level detection (mandatory) = sound is coming into the microphone above detection threshold
- Channel activation (optional) = the channel is open
1. Setup on a Crystal
Note: currently the name of the GPIO group should be “Multicam”
The name and order of the GPOs is not important, as it will be mapped in the Multicam Radio configuration to the Multicam logic microphones manually.
2. DMS options on a Sapphire
3. Controlling in Ember+ Viewer
You can check from the Multicam machine that you can connect to the Lawo Ember+ network using Ember+ Viewer, which you can find attached to this article.
Once you have configured the connection to your Ember+ provider (your console), you can confirm that the GPIOs node contains the Multicam information setup previously, by expanding the nodes until you see the individual GPOs.
4. Setup in Multicam Radio
- First pick Lawo via Ember+ as the connection
- Then fill the address, default port 9000 is often right
- Ember+ mode is currently always tree mode, so leave checked
Then for each microphone configured in Multicam:
- (Optional) set the channel on GPO
- (Mandatory) set the level detect GPO
- If using “inverted” silence logic, check Inverted. If using “level detect” logic, keep unchecked.